We’re very grateful for all that our volunteers do for us.
Operations at St. Patrick Center’s 800 N. Tucker location have resumed. We’re very grateful for all the time and talent you share with us as we provide essential services to people who are homeless or at risk.
We are limiting most onsite volunteer activity and reducing the number of volunteers allowed in the building.
Beginning Monday, June 13, 2020 we are resuming volunteer lunch service. We need volunteers to assist with packaging “to-go” servings of hot casseroles into disposable containers. These meals will then be distributed during lunch service by St. Patrick Center staff. This is done in our Shamrock kitchen while following social distancing guidelines.
We need three volunteers maximum each weekday from 11:15am to 12:30pm. All volunteers must comply with our enhanced safety measures by taking a wellness survey upon entry, getting a temperature check and wearing a mask at all times.
Volunteering from home has never been easier. Here are some ways you can help:
• A monetary donation will help create some certainty and normalcy for people who need it most. Donate online here.
• Host a virtual fundraiser. Get your friends “together” to host a virtual fundraiser for St. Patrick Center. Ideas include a trivia or bingo night, wine tasting or live performance… plus any other creative ideas out there to bring people together virtually. Have your attendees donate directly to our website.
• Provide needed food donations, including casseroles, food pantry items and sack lunches to distribute. View our food donations wish list list here.
• Can you sew? We are in need of handmade masks to assist with our efforts.
• Donate sanitation and personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies to protect front-line workers and people who are homeless. View our Sanitation Supplies and Personal Protective Equipment wish list here.
• Host a clothing drive. Encourage your friends to clean out their closets, make a donation or pick up some items on their next shopping trip. Coordinate a drop off point to collect all the items and bring them down, or have your friends bring them directly to St. Patrick Center.
Effective Monday, July 6, 2020 we are accepting clothing (summer items needed) and other gently-used items. We are not able to accept furniture, electronics, large appliances, children’s bicycles, and used mattresses. Items are accepted at the discretion of St. Patrick Center staff.
Donation Center (back dock) hours are Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. For more information about donating items, please contact Katie Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer with St. Patrick Center to help end homelessness
Over 3,680 St. Patrick Center volunteers donate nearly 35,487 hours each year, sorting donations, working fundraising events, performing administrative duties, serving lunch, making casseroles and salads, and more.
The first step to volunteering is to fill out our volunteer interest form.
St. Patrick Center is not licensed to book court mandated hours at this time. For on site volunteering we require volunteers to be 14 with a chaperone, 16 to volunteer alone.
Check back later for more opportunities!
Volunteer from Home
Can’t volunteer during regular business hours? We have other opportunities to help in the evenings and on weekends. These include making salad kits, putting together hygiene kits, and more. For ways to volunteer from home click here.
Donations can be dropped off at St. Patrick Center’s donation center dock located at the back of our building on Hadley Street. Items are accepted Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. On weekends and holidays from 9am-11am, we only accept salad kits and casseroles. Please call 314-802-1976 before dropping off prepared food to ensure refrigeration space is available.
Want to advocate for our clients? Sign up for our advocacy e-list.
Members of the St. Patrick Center Young Friends Board and Development Coordinator Crystal Cox volunteering for the St. Patrick Center Irish Open Gala.
Left to right, top row then bottom: Joe Blume, Rachel Tangen, Chelsea Reiter, Zack Folk, Crystal Cox, Mike Brecht, Abby Matusiak, Leah Folk, and Stacy Broner
St. Patrick Center Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is comprised of dedicated volunteers interested in deepening their engagement with St. Patrick Center and providing a consistent and reliable source of support in three areas: leadership, giving, and advocacy. Click here to learn more.
St. Patrick Center Young Friends Board
St. Patrick Center Young Friends Board offers individuals under the age of 40 opportunities to get involved with St. Patrick Center. Click here to learn more.